Who should attend:
This course is not an entry-level course. It is designed for individuals who meet the prerequisites and who want to successfully complete the NCIE-SAN exam.
- SAN Implementation
- Data ONTAP Cluster-Mode
- Administration (strongly recommended)
Prepare for the NetApp® Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) SAN 502 and 503 exams and for the implementation of Data ONTAP® 8.1 Cluster-Mode SAN at the same time. Through lectures and labs, explore SAN by learning about the intricacies of Fibre Channel (FC), FC over Ethernet (FCoE), and iSCSI as you discover how to scale your SAN with Data ONTAP 8.1 Cluster-Mode SAN.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Configure Data ONTAP 8.1 ClusterMode SAN
- Identify the details of FC architecture
- Describe the supported FC fabrics
- Set Brocade and Cisco FC switches
- Configure FCoE
- Describe the architecture of an IP SAN
- Examine the host consideration that influences SAN scalability
- Discuss failover considerations for Data ONTAP 8.1 Cluster-Mode SAN