Who Should Attend:
Administrators and support personnel who administrate NetApp storage systems running Data ONTAP and who wish to have a deeper understanding of the system performance.
- Introduction to NetApp Products (WBT)
- Data ONTAP Fundamentals (ILT or WBT)
- High Availability (WBT)
The Performance Analysis on Data ONTAP course provides students with the knowledge and skills to perform data collection and analysis on Netapp storage systems. Students will learn how to interpret data and apply performance changes based on their analysis. They will use analysis data to tuning and monitoring performance.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Recognize performance terminology and basic methodology and use tools to collect performance data
- Describe the Data ONTAP architecture and the benefits of features such as NVRAM and the WAFL (Write Anywhere File Layout) file system
- Use knowledge about how data flows through the network and protocol layers of Data ONTAP to monitor and analyze storage system performance
- Examine command output from case studies to identify performance bottlenecks
- Perform basic software configuration and recognize diagnostic operations for the
- Performance Acceleration Module and FlexScale
- Use FlexCache to improve NFSv2 and NFSv3 read performance
- Use the reallocate command measure volume or file layout and optimize the layout when appropriate
- Implement configuration for best practices for resiliency and performance