Who Should Attend
Administrators and support personnel who will use the SnapMirror, SnapRestore, SnapVault, DataFabric Manager, and SnapLock to manage mission critical data in the enterprise. A mixture of lecture and hands-on activities teach concepts and techniques needed to effectively use these solutions.
- Data ONTAP® 8.0 7-Mode Administration or equivalent experience
- SnapMirror Planning and Implementation (1-hour WBT)
- SnapMirror Disaster Recovery, (2-hour WBT)
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Present an overview of NetApp protection technology to support team members or customers
- Create and manage Snapshot copies using NetApp System Manager and Protection Manager
- Create and manage SnapVault relationships
- Create and manage Open Systems SnapVault relationships
- Import existing SnapMirror and SnapVault relationships into Protection Manager
- Create SnapMirror relationships for disaster recovery capability
- Recall information about additional topics, such as, the NetApp Syncsort Integrated Backup solution, Symantec Foundation Storage Thin Reclamation, and NetApp SMTape backup functions
Learn how to administer the data protection technologies that are built into Data ONTAP® 7.3 and Data ONTAP 8.0— including how to use Snapshot®, SnapRestore®, SnapVault®, Open Systems SnapVault, and SnapMirror® software to replicate and restore mission-critical enterprise data. Learn how to use the command line to manage data protection and how to use NetApp Protection Manager to automate the complexities of setting up and managing data protection. This course provides lectures and demonstrations that give you the information that you need and engages you in hands-on exercises that give you the experiences that you need.