Who should attend:
This course is intended for those who provide basic configuration and administrative functions of the Data ONTAP operating system.
- Storage Fundamentals, WBT
- Introduction to NetApp Products, WBT
Learn how to configure the basic technologies of the NetApp Data ONTAP® operating system—clustered Data ONTAP and Data ONTAP operating in 7-Mode. Through lectures and hands-on exercises, learn how to create aggregates, storage virtual machines (SVMs), virtual interfaces (VIFs), FlexVol® volumes, qtrees, Snapshot® copies, and more. NOTE: The term “storage virtual machine (SVM)” is equivalent to the term “virtual server (Vserver)”.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain features of the Data ONTAP operating system
- Use the CLI and OnCommand System Manager to identify storage components
- Configure storage systems and storage virtual machines (SVMs) for NAS and SAN client access
- Create FlexVol volumes, qtrees, and LUNs
- Manage Snapshot copies and FlexClone software
- Manage volume move and storage efficiency