Who Should Attend
Anyone who performs in-depth support, administrative functions, and performance management for FCP for SCSI or iSCSI for TCP/IP protocol on a NetApp® storage appliance running the Data ONTAP operating system.
Data ONTAP Fundamentals
- Identify concepts, commands and procedures for using the UNIX operating system as part of creating and mounting file systems using UFS LUNs on a NetApp storage appliance.
- Identify concepts, commands and procedures for using Windows® operating system as part of creating and accessing LUNs on a NetApp storage appliance.
- Configure the appropriate cfmode for an FCP for SCSI environment.
- Locate documentation and identify systems and procedures for booting a host from a LUN.
- Create and manage LUNs with SnapDrive™ for Windows.
- Perform administration tasks for LUNs on a NetApp storage appliance.
- Diagram and describe the implementation of a LUN on a NetApp storage appliance.
- Configure a simple SAN using a Brocade SilkWorm® 2Gbps switch with a clustered NetApp storage appliance and SUN Solaris or Microsoft Windows 2000.
- Verify HBA drivers and firmware for FCP for SCSI and iSCSI for TCP/IP protocols.
- Manage and view HBAs and LUNs using a SUN or Windows host.
- Use the sio_ntap utility as well as NetApp storage appliance commands to gather data for performance and problem analysis.
- Collect data to assist with troubleshooting hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Determine through problem isolation problems in the following areas:
- NetApp storage appliance and HBAs.
- Brocade switch setup and connectivity to the host(s) and NetApp storage appliances.
- Host HBAs.