Deploy scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud
This course is for senior system administrators and storage administrators who are interested in deploying scalable, highly available storage on off-the-shelf hardware and in the cloud.
WAYS TO TRAIN/TEST
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site.
Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using CTDB, unified file and object storage, and geo-replication.
Note: Red Hat Storage Server Administration is part of our emerging technology series of courses. These courses focus on Red Hat’s newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little lecture. For more information about these courses, please contact us.
Course content summary
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server
- Create and manage different volume types
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB
- Explore geo-replication
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swi
Audience and prerequisites
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCSA certification or equivalent experience
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the needed skills can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Outline for this course
Introduction to Red Hat Storage
Understand Red Hat® Storage server features and terminology.
Explore the classroom environment
Gain familiarity with the classroom environment.
Install Red Hat Storage Server.
Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
Understand different volume types.
Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
ACLs and quotas
Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
Grow storage volumes online.
Configure IP failover using CTDB.
Unified file and object storage
Configure Swift object access.
Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage
Demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed to implement flexible storage solutions for on-premise and hybrid clouds using Red Hat Storage Server.