Learn how to deploy, configure, monitor, and maintain OpenShift Enterprise
OpenShift Enterprise Administration (CL280) is part of a series of courses from Red Hat® Training focused on emerging technology. This course is intended for system administrators who are implementing their own Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) cloud computing environment using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat.
WAYS TO TRAIN/TEST
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site.
Students will learn how to deploy, configure, monitor, and maintain OpenShift Enterprise broker and OpenShift Enterprise node hosts and how to deploy and manage applications in the OpenShift Enterprise cloud environment.
- Deploy OpenShift Enterprise infrastructure
- Deploy OpenShift Enterprise node
- Monitor OpenShift Enterprise infrastructure
- Deploy applications to OpenShift Enterprise
- Customize application platforms
- Manage applications running on OpenShift Enterprise
- Manage deployment environments
- Configure automatic and manual scaling for OpenShift Enterprise applications
- Obtain usage analytics
Note: OpenShift Enterprise Administration (CL280) is one of our emerging technology courses. This series of courses focuses on Red Hat’s newer, evolving technologies. Emerging technologies courses are feature- and functionality-focused and are conducted like guided labs, with little to no lecture.
Audience and prerequisites
- Linux system administrators and storage administrators interested in, or responsible for, deploying OpenShift Enterprise.
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCE®)-level skills are highly recommended.
Prerequisites for this course
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent experience is required. Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience is recommended.
- For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA or RHCE certifications, confirmation of the correct skills and knowledge can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
Outline for this course
What is OpenShift?
Understand the OpenShift Enterprise architecture.
Perform an automated deployment of OpenShift Enterprise.
Deploy an infrastructure host
Install and configure an OpenShift Enterprise broker host.
Deploy a node host
Install and configure an OpenShift Enterprise node host.
- Configure user and gear limits.
- Create and configure districts.
Deploy and manage applications on OpenShift Enterprise using command line tools.
Hit the ground running with pre-built applications.
Obtain metrics with Watchman
Configure and manage OpenShift Enterprise metrics with Watchman.
Use administration console
Get usage stats of OpenShift Enterprise with administration console.
Create and deploy custom cartridges
Understand custom cartridges development and deployment on OpenShift Enterprise.
Map a development team
Map a development team structure using OpenShift Enterprise user schema options.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us.
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Platform-as-a-Service (EX280)
Demonstrate your ability to develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat.
Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210)
This course teaches system administrators how to implement a cloud-computing environment using Red Hat® Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, including installation, configuration, and maintenance.
This course prepares you for these credentials
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Platform-as-a-Service
Prove your skills to develop, host, and scale applications in a cloud environment.