The performance-based RHCVA exam (EX318) tests your ability to create, deploy, and manage Linux® and Microsoft Windows virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
The Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification demonstrates a system administrator’s ability to deploy and manage virtual hosts in production environments using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
WAYS TO TRAIN/TEST
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site.
To take the RHCVA exam, you should be able to:
Use Microsoft Windows operating systems
Install software on Microsoft Windows operating systems
Note: The objective of this exam is to test candidates’ abilities to use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization to implement Linux® and Windows virtual systems. It is not a test of one’s ability to administer particular operating systems. Nevertheless, system administration experience in both Linux and Windows environments can be useful.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization installation, configuration, and use
You should be able to perform the following tasks:
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager and any dependencies
- Use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager to:
- Create datacenters and clusters
- Manage hypervisor hosts
- Configure storage
- Create Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows virtual machines
- Develop pools and templates
- Set up Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager users
- Install and configure a Red Hat Virtualization Hypervisor to support guests and attach to a Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager
- Import installation media for creating new virtual machines
- Perform management tasks, such as collecting logs, creating bookmarks for specific events, and more
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must be persistent across reboots.
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the RHCVA Exam (EX318) to consider attending the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318) training course. Attendance in this class is not required.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one’s preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat’s products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of system administration skills and knowledge. Candidates perform a number of routine system administration tasks and are evaluated on whether they have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
The Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) exam (EX318) is a single-section exam lasting 3 hours.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Audience and prerequisites
- System administrators using or planning to use Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- RHCEs interested in pursuing Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
- Experience using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Experience using and installing software on Windows
- Experience using VNC to view remote desktops
- Read the RHCVA exam objectives for more information on skills requirements.
- Red Hat Virtualization Administration (RH318)
- Red Hat Virtualization Administration with exam (RH319)