The performance-based Red Hat® Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage exam (EX236) tests your ability to configure Red Hat Storage Server and clients.
A Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage is earned when an IT professional demonstrates the ability to implement storage solutions using Red Hat Storage Server and to configure clients to use this storage. To earn this certificate, you must pass the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage exam.
WAYS TO TRAIN/TEST
Red Hat offers a method of training that is convenient to you – classroom, online, or at your site.
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage exam
- Deploy the Red Hat Storage Server appliance on both physical and virtual hardware and work with existing Red Hat Storage Server appliances
- Configure a Red Hat Storage Server storage pool
- Create individual storage bricks on either physical devices or logical volumes
- Create various Red Hat Storage Server volumes such as:
- Format the volumes with an appropriate file system
- Extend existing storage volumes by adding additional bricks and performing appropriate rebalancing operations
- Configure clients to use Red Hat Storage Server appliance volumes using native and network file systems (NFS)
- Configure clients to use Red Hat Storage Server appliance volumes using SMB
- Configure Red Hat Storage Server features including disk quotas and POSIX access control lists (ACLs)
- Configure IP failover for NFS-and SMB-based cluster services
- Configure geo-replication services
- Configure unified object storage
- Troubleshoot Red Hat Storage Server problems
- Monitor Red Hat Storage Server workloads
- Perform Red Hat Storage Server management tasks such as tuning volume options, volume migration, stopping and deleting volumes, and configuring server-side quorum
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
What you need to know
Red Hat encourages all candidates for the EX236 Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Storage Exam to consider taking the Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236) course. Attendance in this class is not required to take the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat’s products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of storage administration skills and knowledge. To get certified, you must perform a number of routine storage administration tasks and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that candidates must perform tasks similar to what they perform on the job.
The exam is organized as follows:
Storage Server administration: 2 hours
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as section scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Audience and prerequisites
The following audiences may be interested in earning the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Platform-as-a-Service:
System administrators, architects, and others who need to demonstrate their skills, knowledge, and ability in using Red Hat Storage Server
RHCEs interested in pursuing Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Prerequisites for this exam
Exam candidates should:
Be Red Hat Certified System Administrators or have comparable work experience and skills
Have taken the Red Hat Storage Server Administration (RH236) course or have work experience using Red Hat Storage Server